Friday, April 20, 2012

A CREATIVE SPACE

CHRISTIAN COLLEGE ART DAY at MOSS GROTTO
I was very flattered when the Art department of Christian College asked me this week if I would be a speaker to their year 7 art students.
The subject of the morning was, "HOW TO BE CREATIVE IN A SPACE WITHOUT GOING TO AN ART GALLERY".
Two groups of students for half an hour each were brought into my store to look at still life installations,grouped objects,materials and how art has been used within a space.

Some of the questions involved were:
How successful do you think installations have been in communicating the purpose of attracting attention for the customer?
In what way do you think Alex has used her art talents and creativity in MOSS GROTTO?
Why do you think Alex merchandises the way she has?

 At first I was a little nervous, but I decided that there really was no wrong or right answer when it comes to being creative - it just is!
The students took some great snap shots and asked lots of questions of their own.
It was a fun morning and from the feedback I got, I'm sure the art students had fun!
Fur vest in smoke grey

NEW smoke cardigan knits

Image from my collage wall within the store



NEW grey cardigan knits

 Cape style cardigan in mocha & black

Ceramic cross by Powell Designs


April window at MOSS GROTTO

A new Mexican market lady arrived this week.I just love her!

60's style chair in white

Front window at MOSS GROTTO

Suede clutch in mustard.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment